Monday, September 27, 2010

Sanibel to the Mainland and Back

I don't have much to share with you today.  But, if you can stand another trip across the Sanibel Causeway to the mainland, then come along for the ride.  It was a nice day for a ride. :)
This afternoon we drove over to Cape Coral for an appointment.  It isn't far by car, but would be much quicker in by boat. 

The pictures below are not the greatest, some have reflections in them on the return trip due to the sun.  The clouds had a very different look as we drove back to the island.







 Our destination is in the vicinity of
the clump of clouds on the far left.






Crossing the Caloosahatchee River to Cape Coral
There are a couple of live cams in this area,
if your interested in taking a peak.


Kite Boarders were out in the bay,
just before we reached the causeway entrance.










Dave, who is a regular visitor to my blog, has asked a couple times, what I do with the seashells I find.  Follow this link to see what I've done with some of them.  They're pretty much all over the house. :) I really just like to take them out and look at them often and I've given many away.

4 comments:

Gayle said...

It looks as if you are driving into the sky. And your white sand is so beautiful! Watching the kite boarders would be a lot of fun. I don't think I would ever be brave enough to try it.

Jennifer said...

Hi! My Mom has a friend Tootie Sharp...pronounced like footie) thanks for following..I have a friend who moved to Cape Coral from NJ...kinda lost touch...Frank Williams...they have a sweet family...
best wishes, Jennifer aka gigi

Pan said...

A barefoot and lazy kind of life sounds wonderful - I love the idea and Sanibel looks lovely.

George said...

I like the towering columns of clouds you captured on your trip to Cape Coral. They're absolutely beautiful.