Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cold Wednesday on a Sanibel Beach

Just because I knew some of you were wondering about the shelling today, I went to the beach at Access #1 this afternoon. It was cold and windy! I don't believe it has been over 54 degrees here all day and felt colder because of the wind.

I only saw two other people on the beach. But, someone had been there earlier and left behind a little sand art.:-)

I haven't heard anything about conditions early this morning, at low tide. I doubt there was much more than what you can see in these photos. But, I am really wondering if there were shells at Blind Pass or any of the Captiva Beaches. The waves sure seemed to be in the right direction for it.

I have to admit that it was fun, walking along looking to see what has come in. But, the cold weather has certainly put a chill on my enthusiasm for looking any further today.











4 comments:

Alice In Wonderland Rocks said...

Awww,a starfish. I was wondering what the shelling was like today. I hope it starts to warm up soon this is not Florida weather.

gpc said...

I love those cold days on the beach, for 5 or 10 seconds! It's beautiful to see it through your eyes, though, while I sit here cuddled up in a blanket!

George said...

Tootie, your 'cold and windy' would be considered a heat wave up here in Tennessee. I hear your temperatures may drop to near freezing tonight. Stay warm.

Tink *~*~* said...

Poor little dude, he lost an arm! :( I talked to my mother up on frozen Long Island today and told her about our weather. She said, "I have little sympathy for you!" :D LOL!

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*