Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunny Sanibel Sunday

It was a beautiful, sunny day with easterly wind to keep you cool.  After running some erands this morning, I went to resident access 5 on West Gulf Drive.  I turned to the right after I got on the beach and started walking.  When I passed access 6 I began noticing more shells.  There were LOTS of Coquinas and plenty of other shells, but not many kinds that I wanted to take home.  I was so busy looking at shells, I walked a little further than I had intended.  I really enjoyed my peaceful time on the beach, even though I did get a little warm, until I turned around to face the wind on the way back.




















 








































7 comments:

gpc said...

Nice assortment of colors, looks like another beautiful day in paradise!

iLoveShelling said...

Yippee!! The shells are starting to pile up. Pretty coquinas and that was a sweet little sand dollar too.

NanaDiana said...

Tootie- What a great shelling day...and it looks like you had the place all to yourself! Peaceful and beautiful! Diana

Gayle said...

Looks like you picked up so beautiful shells. I could see how easy it would be to take a chair, plop on the beach and spend the entire day with my feet in the sand. How relaxing for the soul.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

That's actually a nice collection of shells for a quiet Sunday walk. It's so easy to walk further than you think you've gone when you spend so much time looking at your feet!

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh wow, Tootie! What a great collection of shells you nabbed yesterday! That must'ave been such a wonderfully peaceful time for you to spend your Sunday afternoon. I could just hear the tinkling of the shells rolling on the shore as the waves pulled at them.....*sigh*

xoxo laurie

Dave said...

Specially liked your last photo of coloured shells Tootie - dave