Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fun With a Dolphin

Wednesday was a beautiful day for boating.  





The water was calm and the clouds beautiful!

 All of a sudden I heard a loud splash, looked around to see
 a big smile from a dolphin. :)







That dolphin fun made our day on the water complete.


Yesterday evening we went to the Lighthouse Beach.  The wind was pretty strong and there were kite boarders who had been making good use of it.






The tide was out and water had been trapped in a long tidal pool.  I looked around in that for a while, there were some shells, but didn't find any that interested me.












There were a lot of small shells that the high tide had left behind.  I looked through those for a while, only sticking a couple of them in my pocket.  It was just pleasant spending time on the beach.

6 comments:

Gayle said...

Dolphins are so playful and fun. What a nice ride you went on. The beach does look like a wonderful place to spend the day.

Roxanne Reinhart said...

I absolutelly love dolphins. Love them love them love them! You got agreat video and some amazing still shots as well!! I will be landing on Sunday three weeks from today. Will make a pit stop at Walmart for some supplies and then to the causeway we will head! I get tears in my eyes every time I cross the causeway. I love Sanibel so much. Which is why I've looked at every post you do since I discovered you about three years ago. Would love to meet you in person while I'm there and thank you. I usually stay at Oceans Reach but this year we are trying out Pelicans Roost. I tra vel with my brother and my 4 year old niece. This will be the third annual trip for little Miss Kenna. I am sure that Sanibel will be as special to her heart as it is mine. Wow I've nearly written a book when mainly I wanted to say hi and thank you again!!!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

The dolphin was having a blast! Very entertaining. The beach at Lighthouse has changed a bit. Can't wait to see is next month!!

Gerald (SK14) said...

how marvellous to see the dolphins

Debbie said...

How delightful to have the dolphin following your boat!!

Heaven's Walk said...

How fun to see that dolphin playing in your wake, Tootie! What a special moment for you all! I'm counting the day til I can see those sweet faces in the surf again! :)

xoxo laurie