Monday, July 13, 2009

A Sanibel Shopping Day

This was intended to be a beach day, but one of the boys needed a pair of swim trunks. Daughter #3 and I drove over to Winds and found the perfect pair, along with a shirt to match. After going back home, we found out that they didn't fit. So, off we went to exchange them. Thinking we should check a couple of other places first, went to The Sanibel Surf Shop at Jerry's of Sanibel Shopping Plaza. After not finding the size needed, we crossed the street for a stop at Mango Bay. Here's where we first went astray. We found things there that we liked better. Not only for the boy that needed a pair, but also some other things. We then made it back to Winds for the exchange of the first purchase. After finding things there to our liking, I think I was lucky to escape only owing an extra $5 or so. From there we went to CVS to get a couple of things.

The boys were very happy with our choices, but by the time we got back home, the golfer grandson wanted to go to the golf course. I delivered them just around the corner at The Dunes Golf Course , where one played 18 holes and the other grandson took photos. They had a very good time and told me they saw lots of cool wildlife, including different kinds of birds, big turtles and a big alligator.




This evening one Grandson went with me to a causeway island to watch the sunset. It was a pretty pastel one.









I think three of the Grand Children will be going out on The Sanibel Thriller tomorrow afternoon. The family staying at a condo may go out to Captiva for the afternoon because they have already had a trip on The Thriller.

4 comments:

sue in mexico mo said...

Tootie, we went on the Sanibel Thriller and it was even better than I expected. I told them you recommended it.

Snowbird said...

You are going to be in need of a very long Crawl when all of the "young uns" go home!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I especially love the very last photo. I'm going to try and draw it! (adding it to the already rather long list of things I want to try and draw!)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Tootie, for sharing your love of "our" Island and your love for your family. I cannot tell you how much I look forward to your blogs. My sister & I are planning our trip to Sanibel for next summer..we will be staying at WWINN again. Maybe we can make arrangements to meet. Is it unusual for so much guck on the beach and not so many shells?