Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Beach & Birthday Party


Today was sunny and 86 degrees with a cooling NW wind. It was perfect for sitting on the beach, visiting with a lovely couple from Holland. In the area where we were, the algae, seaweed or whatever, didn't seem to be coming in today. There was only a small amount left at the high tide line and it was mostly dried out. I didn't notice any odor from it either. It was so nice and relaxing that time flew by and when I realized the time, had to jump up and run to get ready for a friend's 40th birthday, surpise dinner party. No time to take pictures or video. I'm guessing that there may be some very nice photo opportunities this week because there's a 30 to 40% chance of rain each day. I love those Sanibel clouds. :-)

I did a post on my Treasure's From The Sea blog, with a few photos. You can check out the deposits in The Wicker Bank of Sanibel.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONY and MANY HAPPY RETURNS!










4 comments:

Snowbird said...

Happy Birthday Tony. Glad to hear that the seaweed/algae/whatever is gone--or at least going.

Marie Reed said...

That cake looks phenomenally good! Can I have a little slice? Happy B Day Tony!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cute Tootie... Looks like your friend had a great time at his party!!!!

I'll bet you meet lots of people from all over the world at Sanibel, don't you???? Nice that you talked to some folks from Holland..

Do you keep a good tan all year long--or do you have to use sun-screen???

Hugs,
Betsy

Tootie said...

Betsy, I use sunscreen if I'm going to be out for more than an hour at a time. You can burn very quickly here. I do have a little tan and it does stay. But, I try not to get too much, as I have enough wrinkles already. :-)

It is very nice getting to meet new people. The couple from Holland that I mentioned, have been coming here on vacation for about 10 years. We met last year for the first time, through our friends from Lake St Louis that vacation at the same time as the other couple. Now we all stay in touch with emails, etc.