Sunday, July 3, 2011

Off & On Sanibel

I'm loving these clouds. :)  If there are clouds around, there's usually a beautiful view from the Sanibel Causeway.

The causeway islands were crowded this afternoon with people celebrating a long 4th of July weekend.























After being trapped in a Lowe's Store for over an hour in the pouring rain, we started back to the island.








When we got home, there was water standing in our driveway.  We had gotten around 1 1/4" of rain.  We really can use the rain.

About an hour later, there was a big rainbow.


HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

7 comments:

Savvy said...

Hope you have a Happy 4th as well!!! :)

Della said...

Beautiful pictures Tootie!

I sure wouldn't mind being stuck in Lowe's for over an hour. I love that store!

Happy July 4th!

Dave said...

Those fluffy clouds look good Tootie - Dave

NanaDiana said...

Lovely clouds (and after storm) pictures, Tootie! I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful 4th of July on Sanibel! xo Diana

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Love the clouds. Happy 4th to you too!

Heaven's Walk said...

LUV LUV LUV seeing your Sanibel photos, Tootie! Rain or shine....I still miss being there and can hardly wait to return! Does it usually rain alot in the summertime down there? Hope you had a happy 4th, sweetie!

xoxo laurie

Gayle said...

You are happy for rain and I am begging for sun. Is it to much to ask for things to align themselves with the Universe and have it be perfect for all of us? Shoot...I think with all that us humans go through (and put ourselves through) we should at least have perfect weather all the time. (I'm sure it would help my attitude). I love all your cloud shots...clouds are so beautiful and interesting to watch. No two the same.