Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pointe Santo de Sanibel

This morning I went to Pointe Santo on West Gulf Drive to check on a couple of condos for a friend.  This is the view from one of those condos.




The grounds are beautiful and green with lots of flowers blooming.


There is a major difference in the amount of people on the beach now.  The temperature has been pretty nice.  It was around 73 last night and got up to 92 for a little while today.  I'm pretty whimpy in the heat, but it didn't seem that hot out to me, probably because the wind was blowing.


I was surprised to find a couple with a little boy on the beach, who lived directly across the street from me before moving here.  We had a very nice chat before all of us were surprised by the little boy throwing two handsfuls of sand in my face.  His Mommy let out a gasp in shock, just before he plastered her with sand too.  His Dad was hurrying, trying to grab him when he started to throw more at me.  He jumped in front of me and got pelted with it instead.  It was hilarious but both parents were mortified.


There were not many shells on the beach during the time they have been here and they are leaving tomorrow.  So I went home and gathered up one of nearly all of the common shells we find here, oiled them, put them in a bag to give them along with a shell guide so they will be able to identify them all.  They will be driving back to Indiana, so maybe they can enjoy doing that on the trip back.

5 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Sorry to hear about the sand in your face. You are such an angel to share your shells so generously with others. Sam still treasures hers that she got from you. Hope to see you in about 150 or so days....

Della said...

That was sweet of you to give them shells! I give shells away on the beach, too. Out of state'rs may not find shells as well as we do, and I hate to see them go home empty handed. I love sharing my shells with little kids, and getting them hooked on shelling at an early age.

Dave said...

92 Degrees! Wow, isn't that hot for this time of the year Tootie? It's not summer yet - Dave

mcnaught5 said...

Thanks for the pictures of PS! Will be there in 22 days. My son did the same thing when he was little to a lady friend of mine, but it was with snow. I too, was horrified, but that's life with little boys :)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Thanks for your dining suggestions -- We also enjoyed Jacaranda -- We're heading back to the mid-Atlantic this evening. Packed up and sad to be leaving your beautiful island. Hope you had a good week with your guests -- we thought this was our best week of the past three years we've been coming. So long Sanibel friend.