Monday, January 10, 2011

Anything Better Than Being Stranded in Paradise?

Air traffic into South Florida has been difficult, once again, because of winter conditions that have closed some airports in the southeastern part of the country.  That has left some folks stranded in Florida for a few days.  I can remember coming here on vacation and I would have considered being trapped here a few more days a blessing. :)  In fact, I remember praying for such a thing!  All I can say is that they had better enjoy this beautiful weather while they can.  Messages from MO and IN told me of a snow storm that had just started passing through there today.  All of that makes me happy to be right where I am.

After playing with Puffin (who's name may have to be changed to Chewy the Ewok) for a while, we went to Gulfside City Park to check out the beach. 








There were plenty of shells for the taking!  I saw a couple that interested me, but didn't pick them up.  I didn't want to put Puffin down to get sand all over himself today.  It was pleasant walking on the beach this evening.  It was windy but still warm.  The thermometer reached 70 degrees at our house today and in the sun it felt much warmer than that.







You can see that there was a lot of beach wrack and shells.  If the wind shifts to the NW tomorrow as was predicted, there may be a lot more shells.












Temperature in the mid 70's has been predicted for tomorrow.  So, if you are here, enjoy!  If not, you should seriously consider packing! :)

8 comments:

sue in mexico mo said...

Sigh. . . looks wonderful! Wish I was there!

I'm watching snow get deeper and seeing all the cancellations crawl across the tv screen. No school tomorrow, etc. I think I will stay home.

NanaDiana said...

Yes- I remember living in FL and hearing about it snowing up North and just feeling so "removed" from that!

I am loving that baby,Tootie...and he DOES look like a baby Ewok~ lol Hugs- Diana

Deb said...

I wish I was there! Snow is coming down and they are predicting it will snow all day. UGH!!! We will be there in May, Lord willing. Hope to see you while we are there.

gpc said...

Sigh. I would consider turning around and coming back, but then the winds would change and blow all the shells away again! My karma, I guess. ;) The puppy is adorable, whatever you call him! What a lovely Christmas present!

George said...

Do you have any idea how disheartening it is to read a post like this on a cold, snowy day? It would help if you could send some of that warmth up here. Puffin is definitely cute.

Leo said...

Oh my gosh - Puffin is amazing. How cute! He does look like Chewbaca.

Dave said...

Snow in Florida? As a foreigner I would not have thought that possible! Your doggie looks really cute Tootie - Dave

Tootie said...

Dave the snow wasn't in FL. The winter storm weather was across the south portion of the US but didn't reach FL. Airports were closed in those other areas and that made flights to FL also difficult.