Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sanibel This and That

Now you know where Pinkerbell relaxes. :)



For the last few days, we've just done a little of this and that.  I didn't think I had enough to make a good post.  So now, it's a smattering of several different things.  A ride to Captiva......

Where I discovered someone shot Santa. Sorry, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. :(




A stop at Blind Pass, where folks were still digging through piles of shells that had come in the day before.  A friend of mine had great luck as they were coming in with the waves as a cold front passed.
The man you see in this photo had dug himself into a deep hole, as he searched for shells that might have been missed by previous shellers.  He told me that he was finding a very small treasure once in a while that kept him looking.


There weren't any new ones coming in, at the time.




Pinkerbell wanted her picture taken by this sign....


When we got back on Periwinkle Way, she begged to check out the other Lazy Flamingo.


I loved walking around looking at the Christmas lights on Friday night during the Sanibel Luminary Trail.  I didn't get many photos because my battery failed me.  There's just something special about being able to walk around listening to Christmas music in a tropical place.


The trolleys were going from place to place, full to capacity.  People were smiling and enjoying all the entertainment, food and drink offerings at many of the shops




















Happy Holidays are a sure thing here on the islands!

6 comments:

Leo said...

Love Tinkerbell. Wished I was digging through one of those shell piles!!

Gayle said...

Everything is so festive. I just realized I haven't driven around town to see our lights. It's been so cold it just didn't seem like fun. I'm skipping the outside lights this year. Something about struggling at -10 below by myself doesn't seem very festive. LOL Maybe next year. Glad you are having relaxing days.

NanaDiana said...

What a fun post. Felt like I was right there with you. So...I'm taking it that Pinkerbelle is your GRANDCHILD that makes her permanent home with you? Love that you let her get her pictures taken all around town.

If you get a chance pop by today and see what my "Tinkerbelle-Pinkerbelle" said to me! xoxo Hugs-Diana

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hee hee!! I love Pinkerbell and the Santa hat! Your decorated palm is awesome!

Linda said...

Love Pinkerbell! What kind of camera phone do you use? The pictures are fantastic!
Linda