Saturday, May 8, 2010

Oil Spill Update #4

This notice from the City of Sanibel Manager's Office today.

Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Update #4

Volunteer Information Now Available.

Currently, the beaches and shorelines of Sanibel remain in pristine condition with no impact or eminent threat from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. At this time, there is no smell of oil or burning. City staff continues to closely monitor the situation and coordinate our planning efforts with our local, State and Federal partners.

In response to the many calls received from concerned citizens wishing to volunteer, today the Lee County Emergency Management Center issued directions for those who are interested in registering now in the event volunteers are needed for a local deployment. Click here for additional volunteer registration information. (pdf 646.55 kB)

For the latest updates released by the Federal and State governments, please monitor the following websites:

www.incidentnews.gov/incident/8220
http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com/
www.roffs.com/deepwaterhorizon.html

3 comments:

Kim Frydrych said...

If my husband would let me I would come down to rehab some animals when the time is needed. I pray everyday Sanibel will be spared from this horrible environmental disaster. I keep telling him that BP will reimburst us after all they are responsible and I could get a another trip tp my paradise =)

Traci Keriazakos said...

I am keeping my hopes up that this disaster will get cleaned up and minimal environmental damage will be done. Each day that hope dims. Such a sad situation. I hope in the future we can find safer alternatives to oil and coal energy. The kind of energy that won't kill people getting it out of the earth and the kind of energy that doesn't kill our environment.

I hope the beaches of Sanibel are spared and the animals of the gulf coast are spared also.

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Such lovely shots! I truly wish I could walk into that clear water. Oh, and do I remember the Pina Coladas from vacations past!!!

Maya @ Daily Vitamin Sea