Friday, March 26, 2010

Mostly Cloudy Friday

We had another warm day, with a little rain this morning. It was partly sunny for a short time, but was cloudy again for a while this afternoon . This evening I had to go to Bailey's to pick up a couple things for dinner, so I drove on over to Pointe Santo de Sanibel on West Gulf Drive. I walked out to the beach to see if there were many shells and there really weren't many. One thing was kind of shocking; the beach looked a little like a mine field. There were holes everywhere you looked. I guess those shovels are only good for digging, not for filling in. Thank goodness it isn't 'Sea Turtle Season' yet.









These cute little kiddies were having an unsupervised ball! :) I hope their parents show up to help them fill the hole.

All of these pictures are of different holes and only a sample of what was there.


There is another "Heavy Traffic Advisory" for Saturday, March 27th, 2010.

Heavy traffic is anticipated along Periwinkle Way from Casa Ybel Road to Tarpon Bay Road due to 27th Sanibel-Captiva Lion's Club Arts and Crafts Fair being held at the Sanibel Community House, located at 2173 Periwinkle Way.

6 comments:

Gayle said...

I saw the photo of the kids in the big hole, and all I could think was that even though that would be fun for a child I would never let my kids destroy a public beach like that. I can understand a non-native not thinking of the turtles, but common sense says that's a bad thing to do.

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Common sense would tell you not to leave 3 little kids alone on a beach. What if that hole, heaven forbid, collapsed? I can't even think about it... It's been known to happen.

The Florida Blogger said...

I'm so looking forward to the day when I can get out of Orlando, and head to a beach, any beach.

sue in mexico mo said...

The children in the hole makes me nervous. If the sand should cave in they could be hurt or worse. Maybe it isn't as deep as it looks. . .

Alice In Wonderland Rocks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tootie said...

Maybe the picture is a little misleading as to depth. The children were squatting, not standing in it. But, they were still digging. :) It is possible that they were being watched from a condo, by the parents, I just didn't see anyone near there. They were staying right there together and seemed to be well behaved.