Monday, March 22, 2010

Another Happy Day On Sanibel

Monday started off with some rain, then sunshine and a 70 degree day. We had to make a trip across the causeway just after noon. I was surprised to see a minimal amount of traffic. There weren't many boaters or fishermen either. Folks must be resting after a busy weekend, or something. While overseas, we stopped to have a late lunch at Big Al's City Sports Grill, a place we hadn't tried yet. The service was very good and so was the food. We will be going back. :)




Later this evening we went to Resident Access 5, off West Gulf Drive. The waves had brought in quite a bit of sand since I was there yesterday. I couldn't see many shells coming in, but there were still some left at the high tide line.
















Beach Sunflower


Gaillardia or Indian Blanket

5 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

The menu at Big Al's looks pretty good. We don't usually go off island once we get there. Nice rollers working off the beach. I have heard there is sand building up right now. Hope you are enjoying some warmer temps. I'm currently looking at airline tickets for Oct.

K said...

your pictures make me feel like I'm right there. I visit your site every day - looking toward a May visit - thanks!

bobbie said...

Your beach pictures and video are wonderful as always. And your flowers just beautiful.

Tink *~*~* said...

I think the orange flower is called an "Indian blanket" - ???? Used to grow them from seed back on Long Island. They will grown just about anywhere, under any conditions, and volunteer the following year too! There were a boatload of 'em growing on a corner last year - I think maybe it was Periwinkle and Donax. Great colors!

Tink *~*~*

Tootie said...

I think the color is more like a burgandy and gold and I think it's what SCCF calls Gaillardia. I Googled it and, BINGO....it's also called Indian Blanket. You win the prize, I just haven't decided what it will be yet. :)

The yellow one is a Beach Sunflower.