Saturday, February 13, 2010

Windy and Cold Saturday

Today we decided to tackle the traffic to check out the beach. It was heavy, but not as bad as I had expected. I imagine the chilly weather had something to do with that. We went to resident access 6 on West Gulf Drive. It was only 52 degrees but it felt much colder with the northwest wind blowing. The beach actually looked like it had been swept clean. Shells were really scarce.








There were some things at the high tide line. (An operculum.)

And a Valentine heart.






The best thing to do when the NW wind is getting the best of you, is to slip up behind some unsuspecting person and use them for a windbreak.





3 comments:

Tina said...

Tootsie,
Gosh, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment! Oh, how I envy you being on Sanibel right now..I would gladly take your weather and temps over mine! Of course I would always want to walk that beach looking for shells..lol! WE LOVE Sanibel and for over 20 years we have been visiting this jewel. Our visit just seems to always flash by us..and being birders we can always find so many places to walk and bike to see our favorite birds. I will be watching your posts...and those big sighs, you hear, will be mine!! ;D Take care!

Amanda said...

I bet it's FREEZING on the beach!!! I can't wait to go there in 3 months! yay! Seems like so far away, but it will fly by.

Besides, I gotta give the shells time to wash their pretty selves up on the shore!

Cheryl said...

Hello, I have just visited your blog for the first time thanks to Maya at A Beach Lover's Place.

I love to find seashells on Sanibel and honestly just cannot wait to call it my home someday (God willing)! I am so excited to be able to look at your blog and see what the island is up to whenever I like - Thank you!