Sunday, April 5, 2009

Nice Sanibel Sunday

I thought I had seen the causeway islands loaded with people before, but today on the way off the island, it was even more crowded than I have ever seen them! The island with the restrooms on it, was lined with vehicles and people. The other island also had lots of people. These photos were taken on the way off the island. On the way back there were double that amount. I'm totally surprised that they didn't sink out of sight from the weight! There were LOTS of boats out today too.









I made my airport run to pick up my Daughter and family this afternoon. They all four were waving as they walked around a corner and saw me waiting. :-)) I haven't seen them since Christmas. I think they are probably more excited to be on vacation than to see me. Ha! We stopped for lunch on the way back and also to pick up some groceries at Publix.



After my vacationers got settled in, Daughter took a book and headed for the beach to relax for a while. Grandson and; Grand Daughter headed out to walk on the beach, looking for shells. Son-In-Law's back was hurting after an hour drive to the airport this morning and then the plane trip, so he vegged out in the condo. There is a wonderful ocean view with so much glass, you feel like you are outside, even if you are laying on the bed or sitting in the living room.







Tonight we went to eat at the Sanibel Grill, then they came here to eat Key Lime Pie. :-) They were ready for an early night, since last night was a short one for them.

4 comments:

Tink *~*~* said...

Bet everyone was glad to get away from the cold temps up north - insane weather up there for April!

Hope everyone has a grand time :)

Tink *~*~*

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful family, Tootie. I know they are glad to get to the beach and that you are glad to see them. Have a great time!!!!

Let's hope for no damage here the next couple of days due to the upcoming freeze.
Hugs,
Betsy

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Let the fun begin! I hope you have a lovely time with your family!!

Gayle said...

Woohoo! Everyone arrived happy and with smiles on.