Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday Excitement

There are no beachy photos tonight. I've spent the day cleaning and doing all those last minute things I needed to, before Daughter #2, my SIL, and two Grandchildren come tomorrow. :-)) I am really excited about them coming. Daughter and her family have been under a lot of stress in the past 3 years with no vacation. Grand Daughter had some serious knee issues for nearly a year. SIL was hurt in an accident, their home was flooded and had to be completely gutted and rebuilt. That was nearly a year ago and they have been living in a Townhouse all this time. They will be here for 8 days and should be able to move back into their own home when they get back.

And in the midst of all that, the kids started a non-profit organization, that has required many hours of work by the whole family. I am so proud of all of them for coming through all these things with such persaverance. They've certainly earned a vacation.

So, tomorrow around noon, I will put on my 'Mom Taxi Shirt' and head for the airport. :-)

My 3 daughters gave this shirt to me the last time all three of them and their families came to Sanibel on their Spring Break vacation with me. That was about 4 years ago and it has been that long since all of my Grand Children have been on Spring Break at the same time. So that trip was chalked up as a special memory for all of us.

I'll be sharing photos etc. tomorrow, I'm sure.

8 comments:

Snowbird said...

Have a ball. I know that you will have a great time with everyone.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Have a great time with family, Tootie...I'm sure you will.
Hugs,
Betsy

J said...

Toots Have a GREAT week! Love the shirt ;)

Tink *~*~* said...

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Here's to a fantabulous visit! :D

Tink *~*~*

Gayle said...

I pretty much sure I feel horrible about any little thing I've whined about in my life! We all should have big signs in the house to remind us that somewhere something worse is happening to someone else. I sure hope their house is ready when they go back. You are going to have such a wonderful time with the family around. Can't wait to see your photos.

RottenMom said...

How blessed they are to have you! Have a blast Tootie!

Mare said...

Have a wonderful time! =)

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

I hope you all have a great time!! LOVE the shirt!! I could use one that says "Mom's Desert Taxi Service" for sure!!