Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Turtle Tracks Tuesday

It was an enjoyable day, with the temperature reaching 80 this afternoon. The cool, light wind made it perfect. So, it seemed like a perfect time to go for a bicycle ride. Sanibel has over twenty miles of great bike paths that wander the island, so why not?

I haven't been riding for quite a while, so that explains the title of my post. After going 5 or 6 miles, my legs weren't very steady when I got off the bike. I loved being out in the sun, seeing things that you miss when in a car. The island has lots and lots of cute mailboxes that I love to look at, along with all the colorful blooms.

One thing that was really different, was seeing a snowy egret riding on the hood of someone's car. Two little ladies pulled up at a four way stop, coming from the causeway, with the bird just standing there. It didn't get off when they stopped, so they just drove slowly, on up the street. Yes, it was one of those things that make you go, Hmmmmm.....










13 comments:

ღ Alice ღ said...

Last trip to Sanibel I loved seeing all the differnt kind of mailboxes. Always I can count on you to keep me up to date on island info,thank you Tootie :):)

Skittles said...

Thanks for dropping by my Camera Critters post.. and for scrolling down to find it. :)

You must not live anywhere near me if that's what your weather is like. Want to trade? Do you like snow?

I'm REALLY out of shape. I got winded walking my dog today through snow. I applaud you for your bike ride.

Beautiful pictures. :)

George said...

I'm glad you were able to get out and ride your bike. Sanibel sounds like a great place to ride. I will admit, though, that I have never seen a snowy egret as a hood ornament.

Snowbird said...

I can't believe that those ladies actually drove away with an egret on the hood!!

CoyoteFe said...

When I grow up, I want to be just like you. Love those moments like that containing the ladies and the egret. They make life worthwhile.

Cimba7200 said...

Cycling can be great. Interesting coloured letterboxes Tootie. - Dave

Mamapippa said...

I'v never seen such a mailbox in my life ! So colorfull

gpc said...

That's so funny about the egret!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Sounds like you had a very interesting bike ride. Wish I could have seen a picture of the little ladies with their egret friends! That must have been a hoot!

Melli said...

I was HOPING this blog was leading to mailboxes! For awhile I was collecting pictures of cute mailboxes I had found - with plans to blog them "one day" - unfortunately the computer they were stored on died and took them with it! I never back up ... and I'll never learn! UGH! You should show us MORE of your cute mailboxes! :)

byrningbunny said...

I love the name "Turtle Tracks." It would have been so fun to see the egret hitching a ride. lol I love things like that. It looks like you live in an incredible place. Those sunsets . . .

Gayle said...

I was just wondering to myself why people wait until they are retired to move to paradise. It seems to me a perfect place to go with the kids. I could crash homeschool a few hours a day, and the rest of the day would be out enjoying the world. Makes sense to me. Maybe it's a money thing?! :) lol

ramblingwoods.com said...

I would so love to walk on the beach..thank you for the virtual tour...