Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thursday Begins New Year

Happy New Year, everyone!

I think LOTS of people were on Sanibel and the causeway islands to begin their new year. We went overseas for some groceries this afternoon and while crossing the causeway, noticed MANY fishing boats and also many people fishing from the islands. I wonder if it is because the Spotted Sea Trout season began today. I also read that there have been lots of Ladyfish, Bluefish, and trout caught recently.
There were also some sun worshipers and picnickers on the islands too! In the distance I could see a lot of large sailboats and other watercraft out enjoying the wonderful weather.

Driving back across the causeway around 5:15, the sun was glowing from behind the clouds making the view quite amazing. Around the lighthouse area, I spotted seven or eight kite boarders.

Traffic is still heavy on the island, but by Saturday, most of the holiday travelers will be gone. Then it will be time for the Christmas deco to be put away. I imagine more snowbirds will be heading this way soon; then traffic will be heavier again until after Spring breaks are all over.



7 comments:

George said...

Tootie, you got some wonderful pictures of the setting sun. Thanks for sharing.

Shelley said...

Love those sun photos! Watching boats on the water sounds very nice to me!

antigoni said...

Happy new year, Tootie. Wish you and your family the best for the new year with love, happiness, health and many more beautiful posts.

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Beautiful shots! You must love living on your island:-) Happy New Year!

janet copenhaver said...

Hi Tootie,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment so I could come by yours.

I joined you follow list because I love to visit blogs with lots of photos. After seeing your beautiful photos it made me miss the ocean.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Great sky photos, Tootie. Much like I remember our trip over the causeway in October.....Spectacular!!

Mare said...

My birthday was on the first...thank you for ordering those sunsets for me. ;)