Monday, January 19, 2009

Sanibel Monday Abloom

It is so hard for me to think of this being the winter season. Flowers and trees are blooming profusely all over the island. There are bougainvillea displaying their brilliant colors of fuchsia, orange, red,pink,and magenta. The Purple Orchid trees with their huge blooms, are just breathtaking. I drove around this afternoon looking at the floral splendor and thinking how fortunate I am to be enjoying warm weather and such beautiful surroundings. I drove through the neighborhood, taking just a few photos to share with my family and friends that are struggling, with freezing temperatures, snow and ice. My hope is that warm temperatures, sunshine and blossoms return to you soon!













5 comments:

Alice In Wonderland Rocks said...

Beautiful photo's :)

George said...

All these blossoms are making me envious!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

I, too, am blessed with beautiful weather and blossoms right now. Most of my family is struggling with the cold and snow! I feel rather lucky at the moment!

gpc said...

I am soaking in the warmth in your photos. Beautiful!

Patty said...

How beautiful, must be nice to have flowers out doors in the winter. We have nothing but cold white snow and frozen ground.