Monday, December 1, 2008

Mopey Monday

I wasn't feeling quite up to par today, so didn't get out and about until late evening. I decided to drive out to the causeway, after looking outside and noticing that there were some clouds in the west that might make the sunset very nice. I parked on the second island and walked for about 5 minutes by the water and found 5 pink telons. I also watched as fish were jumping out of the water. They looked to be about 12 to 16 inches long, I don't know what kind they were, but it was fun watching them. There wasn't anyone fishing on this island, but I noticed several fishing at each end of the first island. I saw some of them packing up to leave. I guess it might have been getting a little cool for them or they were leaving before it got dark out. I couldn't see the sun for the clouds, but the sky was glowing with a bright pink color, as it went down. I had a very relaxing time as I watched. I also kept thinking how pleasant the temperature was and how I hoped it wouldn't get as chilly tomorrow night as predicted. Once again, we have another cold front coming this way. :-( I shouldn't complain because it will warm up to a reasonably warm temperature in the daytime, so that's fine with me.

On my way back, I stopped to take a picture of the Lazy Flamingo on Periwinkle. They have many lights and a whole assortment of other deco out front.

Photos are much better when enlarged.






2 comments:

Maria Verivaki said...

beautiful skies for you tootie!

Melli said...

Goodness! The Lazy Flamingo is really decked out! How fun! Those skies are gorgeous... and I would take your coldest cold ANY day! :)