Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Windy Tuesday

I had a busy day and only got out to the beach around 5:00 for a while. I was at Pointe Santo. The wind was blowing pretty hard and the waves were bigger than they have been for a while. Today is the full moon, don’t know if that had anything to do with it or not. The last time I was out on that same beach, it was all smooth and a very gradual slope to the water. Today there was about a 2 ft. drop off. So evidently the water was pretty rough earlier; eating into the sand. There were some shells but nothing I needed to take, so I left what was there for the tourists. There were quite a few people out walking, looking for shells or sunning. It has been getting a little cooler here in the evenings now. I noticed there were also a lot more cars around in the Pointe Santo parking areas. I know the island businesses will be happy to see them during this slow time of year. And of course, it's a great time to be here too!









Warning: Videos are not of the usual quality. I was moving around a little too much.


2 comments:

Maria Verivaki said...

interesting comment about the island business - so tourism slows down in sanibel island too? in hania, it will have stopped completely in three weeks. then, the shop owners will be waiting for the odd american military ship coming into our port, loading off all the american soldiers for a little fun...
we have a US military base at our port

antigoni said...

Beautiful pictures.