Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday Taxi

Today was another perfect day; sunny, cool breeze, and not too hot. You can tell from looking at the two photos below, there were lots of people out enjoying the day. The tide was way out, exposing sandbars that the small fishing boats were navigating around.

There were lots of people fishing at the ends of the two causeway islands and out in boats.

Just after crossing the causeway; I saw more fishermen, who had waded out really far to fish in waist deep water, than I have ever seen there at one time. I'm guessing there must have been at least twenty of them, fishing in fairly close proximatey to one another.

The reports I've been hearing, say that fishing is very good now. As the water temperature begins to go down, more fish start coming back into the more shallow waters again. I'm not a salt water fisherman, so I can't give an explanation for that. If you are interested, Capt. Dave Torrance explains it all in depth at the BaitBox website. There is also a cute post that I ran across about a father and son fishing adventure on a small island that's near the causeway; also the two cutest photos ever! So, that leads me to believe the fishing is good now.

We were on our way to the airport to pick up a friend who was coming home from his vacation. That's right, coming from vacation.....not coming for a vacation. That's kind of different than our usual friend pickups. :-)

The four Indiana lady friends here on vacation, had to leave today. :-(

So, that was pretty much the day for me here at Sanibel.

3 comments:

Tink *~*~* said...

Hey there. Just catching up with your blog after being away and so busy. Seriously, someone LEFT Sanibel to go on vacation? Must have been some vacation! When are we going bar hopping again? Gotta get through this work week crap first, I guess.

TTYL,
Tink *~*~*

Maria Verivaki said...

a nice clear day

Snowbird said...

Hey, count me in on the bar-hopping. I would love to meet you guys.