Monday, October 13, 2008

Raindrop Monday

Raindrops were falling off and on today. But this evening the sun was shining again, after a little rain shower. Went to resident beach access 7 to watch the sunset.

There were marks on the sand that raindrops had left and the sand felt kind of crusty when you walked on it. The water was really calm with very small waves and the wind was a little chilly, which was a nice surprise. The wind also kept the noseeums away!

There was only one couple walking in the water looking for shells, a few people further away who were watching the sunset. In the other direction there was only one girl sitting on the sand, looking through a pile of shells. I also saw the usual couple that I see a lot, walking their dogs at sunset.

There was a long pile of shells left at the high tide line, it looked like someone had searched in the pile a little, but some of it hadn’t been disturbed at all.

After walking down the beach a little way and back again, I had a handful of shells to carry home in my pocket. By that time the sun had gone down.


















4 comments:

Snowbird said...

Gorgeous pictures of the sky. And it sure is nice that it has cooled off a bit.

Unknown said...

That third shot is breathtaking! And wow that's a lot of shells!! I do miss the beach.

Heart of Rachel said...

Beautiful photos! I always find the time when the sun is about to set a breathtaking moment.

Dorothy said...

Nice Blog!!! I have always wanted to go to Sanibel and look for shells. I love beachcombing, but I haven't found many nice shells on the beaches yet. Thanks for visiting my blog!