Sunday, September 14, 2008

Shells From Friday AM

This is the last pile of shells that Ike brought us! The exclamation mark is because I am so happy to be finished. It is such fun finding them; kind of like mushroom hunting, or fishing. But you pay the price later when you start cleaning. The problem with the shells instead of fish or mushrooms is the fact that you can't eat them. But, I guess that's ok because we still have them around to look at day after day. :-)

I actually had more paper figs than I realized. I thought I had given most of them to Tink, but I must have put a lot of them in my shell bag before I reached the area where she was.

The angel wings are broken ones, but I'm keeping them for a craft item for my friend, Angel Wings; like the one pictured on my other blog, Treasures From The Sea.

The big sharks eye that Tink told you was as big as a door knob (way exaggerated by the way :-))is sitting in the middle of the paper figs. There is another picture at the bottom so you can figure it out for yourself. It is nice and big but doorknob, I dunno....

Ok, so anyway, you can see some of what there is here to find on the beach. Some days you find more shells than others, but everyday is wonderful!







7 comments:

floridabeachgirl™ said...

Awesome photo's,on our trip I saw nothing like that. We must move to Sanibel :) Thank you so much for posting what treasures you found!!! :):)

gpc said...

A lot prettier than a door knob, though!

Gretchen said...

I'm never lucky enough to find such beautiful shells when we're on the beach.

Tink *~*~* said...

Exaggeration my butt -

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/BucketStuff/IMG00368_sm.jpg

I'm just sayin'! LOL

xxx
Tink *~*~*

Virginia said...

Love, love, love to find beautiful shells. i am forced to buy em up here.

Louis la Vache said...

Beautiful collection of shells!

"Louis" thanks you for visiting San Francisco Bay Daily Photo.

magiceye said...

wow thats a load of pretty shells!